Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Times Magazine Reinvents Itself

I'm not completely convinced, but I've only read it online.  Which doesn't really give you a feel for a magazine, it just gives you a feel for the articles.

One fact sticks out, though.  In an article about Tusk, the Fleetwood Mac follow-up to Rumours (one of the most successful albums in history), it notes that Tusk, a double album, cost $15.98 at the time and that number, adjusted for inflation, is fifty-two dollars and change.

Wow.

I'm listening to it now and, man, I'm totally not spending fifty bucks to download this thing.  Thank God I don't have to.  It's a new world, friends, and nobody owns anything.  We just rent access to the shit we want for five bucks a month.

Truth in Blogging Department:  I've actually found I'm perfectly happy with the free version of Spotify, so instead of paying anything I listen to the commercials instead.  Which is surprisingly okay.  Makes me feel like I'm part of the human species.

One complaint:  There's supposed to be a poem every week in the reinvented Magazine.  I couldn't find it.  I'll wander down to the library in the next day or so and see if I can find it there.

This, for you completists, is Stevie Nicks' high school yearbook picture ...


Witch in training, if you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment