Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Breakfast of Champions

The reason you don't read P.G.Wodehouse in the subway is that when you start laughing uncontrollably, people stare at you.  Some move away.

On a related note, I was in the library this morning reading the New York Magazine profile of Larry David and I realized that roughly the same thing was happening.  With some difficulty I manned up and stifled myself for the duration of the piece.  With success, for the most part.

Read it here.  Highly recommended.

And, for you completists, this was today's breakfast ...



I don't know why I don't style these photos a bit better before taking them.  The stray bits of food on the plate (at the 12:00 and 6:00 marks) really annoy me.  Likewise the chip in the rim.  I wish the fork was straighter too.  And I should have either put more milk in the coffee or none at all.

For the record, this is not a snowy owl.  It's just two eggs on a bed of chicken chili, rice, corned beef hash and sriracha sauce, with a side of whole wheat toast and some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment