Saturday, March 21, 2015

Time is like a Slinky

Some say it's a circle, but to that I say close but not quite.

Life, on the other hand, is like a figure 8 ...


If we don't learn from the past we are doomed to repeat it.  That said, there's something quite wonderful about this GIF.  I'm told this is some kind of Lexus sporting some kind of a NASCAR engine.  I wish there was audio.

A friend of mine sent me an email yesterday.  The subject line read "The Who ..."
Are not in my top 100 bands, might not be in 200 and some might say they are a little past their prime (I'm one of those people) but I bought a ticket to see them at msg.
I told him the next time they were in town I was buying him a ticket to see The Eagles.  Who think that life is like a hotel.
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hairWarm smell of colitas rising up through the airUp ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering lightMy head grew heavy and my sight grew dimI had to stop for the nightThere she stood in the doorway, I heard the mission bellI was thinking to myself this could be Heaven or this could be HellThen she lit up a candle and she showed me the wayThere were voices down the corridor I thought I heard them sayWelcome to the Hotel CaliforniaSuch a lovely place(Such a lovely place)Such a lovely facePlenty of room at the Hotel CaliforniaAny time of year(Any time of year)You can find it hereHer mind is Tiffany twisted, she got the Mercedes Benz, uhShe got a lot of pretty, pretty boys that she calls friendsHow they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweatSome dance to remember, some dance to forgetSo I called up the captain, "Please bring me my wine"He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969"And still those voices are calling from far awayWake you up in the middle of the night just to hear them sayWelcome to the Hotel CaliforniaSuch a lovely place(Such a lovely place)Such a lovely faceThey're living it up at the Hotel CaliforniaWhat a nice surprise(What a nice surprise)Bring your alibis
"Bring your alibis."  That's a great line.

Truth be told, I think The Eagles hold up better than The Who.  And this is from someone who listens to a lot of 60s rock.  These, after all, are my people.  And hell, I bet in the last ten years I've listened to more of the Dave Clark Five than The Who.  Just to pick a group at random.




No comments:

Post a Comment