Friday, March 27, 2015

The world is a funny place

Every once in a while I check the visit numbers for The Year of Magical Painting.  Which still exceed the numbers for this, my current blog, by a multiple of five or ten.  Was surprised to note that on the 22nd of this month 300 people popped by TYOMP to say hello.

Makes a man wonder.  I googled myself to see if something had been written and there didn't seem to be any extraordinary events.   I did get my hair cut that day, so maybe that had something to do with it.  For you completists, I got a number two all over with a natural back and Jen, the barber, trimmed my beard down to its barest essence.  I then shaved it off when I got home.

This ...


Now looks something like this ...


A kind of Mahatma Gandhi/Seal Team Six fusion thing.  With a touch of cray-cray, as my daughter likes to put it.  I'm thinking just one less thing to do 'til 2016.

The Poets tell
how War is Hell
but so, I'm told,
Is getting Old.

I wish Dad was still alive.  He'd get a kick out of that.  Plus this ...

The Poets tell 
how Pancho fell.
Lefty's living in a cheap hotel.
The desert's quiet, Cleveland's cold.
And so the story ends, I'm told.

Although that would have gone right over his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment