Monday, November 16, 2015

And, of course, the numbers ...

When I wrote The Year of Magical Painting I got a bit too caught up in the numbers.  Which was a sickness I'm going to try to avoid this time around.

That said, I couldn't help but notice that I was averaging about one visitor a day on this site during the period in which I was posting nothing.  Yesterday I coughed up the most modest of posts--a hairball, really; nothing more--and I jumped to five visitors.  Yikes.

In its heyday, TYOMP was bringing in 10,000+ visitors a month.  Because I never attached any advanced analytics for measuring visitors, I relied on the quick snapshot that Google provides every blog and just took it at face value.  But I never really believed that many people stopped by.

I think I'm more comfortable with five.

No comments:

Post a Comment