Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Big Milton 1

The assignment has been to paint Milton Friedman.  Pretty easy, one might think.  One more wrinkled white guy to add to the likes of Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke, although I'd advise against hanging Friedman and Bernanke next to each other.  Late at night the shouting you think you hear as you try to sleep will be about lending AIG 85-Large.

Anyway, despite all of the above, it's taken longer than anticipated.  Not sure why -- sometimes it flows and sometimes it doesn't.  Started a previous version and it just wasn't working.  Decided rather than fixing it, just to begin again from Point A.

Thus this ...


 At which point it hit me that the way to paint the man is with a black background, not a white one.


Which is unusual for me, although hardly unprecedented.   I'd call your attention to "St. Joan Receives the Spirit of the Lord", which is a classic.


Don't be confused -- Big Milton will be executed in full color.  In short order, I'm thinking since, now that I'm unlocked, I believe the paint will be flowing here nicely.  Expect to be done in a week or less.  Because I can feel it coming out, even as I type this.

For you completists, this may be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment